Congregations in Western New York employ administrative help, organists and choir directors, custodial & maintenance help and occasionally child care, youth ministers and other types of help. As positions become available, they are listed here.
If your congregation is looking for help, e-mail Elisabeth Brauza-Hughes at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add your listing to this page.
Alden – Music Director (St. Aidan’s)
St. Aidan’s Episcopal Church, Alden, seeks a Music Director for their 9:30am Sunday Service.
Please call Margaret at 716-937-9609 or Karen at 716-937-6922.
Buffalo – Financial Administrator (St. Paul’s Cathedral)
St. Paul’s Episcopal Cathedral, located at 4 Cathedral Park in downtown Buffalo, New
York, is in search of a qualified candidate to serve as the Financial Administrator. Please
check out the cathedral’s website (www.spcbuffalo.org) and Facebook page to learn
more about parish life.
The successful candidate will have the ability to work independently, demonstrate
flexibility, and have the skills and personality required for achievement in a dynamic
office environment. The Financial Administrator will serve the church and its common
mission by ensuring the parish’s financial records and approaches are in excellent
working order and help encourage current best practices. Specifically, the Financial
Administrator must minimally possess the following skills and experience to:
- manage accounts receivables / accounts payable
- generate monthly financial reports with ability to comprehend and explain reports
- produce other financial reports as requested
- process and post member pledge donations
- generate quarterly pledge statements to members
- processing payroll
- provide information for an annual audit of finances
Additional Competences Expected
- monitoring staff benefits & pension contributions
- familiarity with for-profit limited liability corporations
- understanding of investment portfolios
- above average written & verbal communications skills
- providing other office administrative support as requested
- assisting the Dean and Finance Committee with forecasting and development of the annual operating budget
Software Proficiency Needed
The Financial Administrator will need to be/become familiar with ACS People &
Financial Suite (or other comparable data management programs) and have the skill
to fully transition to Quickbooks. PayChex is currently used for payroll needs.
The current position holder, the Cathedral Administrator (office administrator) and the
Dean will support the Financial Administrator by offering thorough orientation within the
first two months of the hire date.
The position is part-time at around 25 hours per week. We anticipate the position will
require additional hours during the first few months for orientation and to complete the
Quickbooks transition. The Financial Administrator will help determine an established
schedule which will include some built-in flexibility and several hours to be worked
during regular office hours (9 a.m. – 5 p.m.).
Compensation and Benefits
Salaried Position: around 25 hours per week $23-$25 per hour (commensurate with
experience and education)
Benefits: paid holidays and vacation, health & dental insurance, pension contributions
- the Financial Administrator will be part of a ten-member staff.
- all staff members must submit to a local, state, and national background check prior to employment
- all staff members attend and remain current on abuse and harassment prevention training
- the Financial Administrator will report directly to the Dean
- all parish staff members meet individually with the Dean on a regular basis
- all parish staff members must participate in an annual ministry review
- the Financial Administrator may not be a parishioner of St. Paul’s Episcopal Cathedral
Avenues of Support
- the Dean
- the Treasurer
- the Finance Committee
- the Counters
To be considered for the position, please send via email a cover letter, a résumé, and
any other information the applicant deems important to Teresa Carter, Cathedral
Administrator (email@example.com). If invited to interview, the candidate is to supply
three professional references.
Applications received by Monday, May 6th will be given priority consideration, but
applications will be accepted until the position is filled. We hope to have the Financial
Administrator in place by the end of May.
Grand Island – Choir Director (St. Martin-in-the-Fields)
- Choose anthems and direct 15 member S.A.T.B. adult choir.
- Weekly Sunday morning rehearsals; sing approximately twice a month at 10:00 a.m. worship service.
- Enthusiastic choir, experienced organist and vibrant congregation.
- Annual salary up to $5800 depending on ability and experience.
- Two weeks of paid vacation and benefits.
- Keyboard skills required.
- Immediate opening.
- Contact Marylou Pohl, 716-725-1249, firstname.lastname@example.org.
North Tonawanda – Organist (St. Mark’s)
St. Mark’s Episcopal Church is looking for an experienced Organist to perform on an Allen Bravura L331 digital organ at 10am Sunday Eucharist Rite II service. We have a multi-voice volunteer choir directed by the Music Director. Responsibilities include service music, incidental liturgical music, choir and congregation accompaniment. Salary based upon experience, education, and A.G.O. certificates (if any).
Please email resume to St. Mark’s Episcopal Church at email@example.com or mail to us: Attention Music Director, 61 Payne Ave. North Tonawanda, NY, 14120. An audition will be required at the the time of the interview.