Congregations in Western New York employ administrative help, organists and choir directors, custodial & maintenance help and occasionally child care, youth ministers and other types of help. As positions become available, they are listed here.
If your congregation is looking for help, e-mail Elisabeth Brauza-Hughes at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add your listing to this page.
Alden – Music Director (St. Aidan’s)
St. Aidan’s Episcopal Church, Alden, seeks a Music Director for their 9:30am Sunday Service.
Please call Margaret at 716-937-9609 or Karen at 716-937-6922.
Buffalo – Part-Time Sexton (St. Paul’s Cathedral)
23 Hours / Week
Monday-Thursday: 5:00 p.m. – 8:00 p.m.
Weekend: One weekend day per week (or four per month) – set weekend schedule to be determined.
Hours will vary based on church year calendar and Cathedral activity calendar.
The part-time sexton at St. Paul’s Cathedral will work with the full time sexton to keep the St. Paul’s Cathedral campus clean and orderly. “Campus” refers to the Cathedral building, St. Paul’s Cathedral Flickinger Ministry Center and Cathedral Commons Apartments.
Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Keep all entrances, areas around the buildings and yard clear of debris/litter.
- Rotate Vacuuming/Sweeping/Mopping/Dusting (at least once a week & more if needed) in in all areas of the Cathedral, Flickinger Ministry Center and Cathedral Commons.
- Clean all bathroom and kitchen areas daily and replenish supplies as needed.
- Make sure all trash is emptied and recycled in appropriate manner.
- Assist with special service and event set-up and tear down
- Snow Removal
Education and experience -High School diploma or GED, with three years related experience or training.
- Possess maintenance, repair and grounds maintenance skills (including snow removal)
- The ability to read, communicate, comprehend and carry out instructions
- The candidate must be a self-starter, capable of taking initiative while at the same time being responsible and accountable to other staff members with whom he or she will be working.
Send resume Attn: Teresa Carter to email@example.com
Benefits: Health Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $15.00 /hour
Job Location: Buffalo, NY
Required Education: High school or equivalent
Required Related Experience: 3 years
Grand Island – Choir Director (St. Martin-in-the-Fields)
- Choose anthems and direct 15 member S.A.T.B. adult choir.
- Weekly Sunday morning rehearsals; sing approximately twice a month at 10:00 a.m. worship service.
- Enthusiastic choir, experienced organist and vibrant congregation.
- Annual salary up to $5800 depending on ability and experience.
- Two weeks of paid vacation and benefits.
- Keyboard skills required.
- Immediate opening.
- Contact Marylou Pohl, 716-725-1249, firstname.lastname@example.org.
North Tonawanda – Organist (St. Mark’s)
St. Mark’s Episcopal Church is looking for an experienced Organist to perform on an Allen Bravura L331 digital organ at 10am Sunday Eucharist Rite II service. We have a multi-voice volunteer choir directed by the Music Director. Responsibilities include service music, incidental liturgical music, choir and congregation accompaniment. Salary based upon experience, education, and A.G.O. certificates (if any).
Please email resume to St. Mark’s Episcopal Church at email@example.com or mail to us: Attention Music Director, 61 Payne Ave. North Tonawanda, NY, 14120. An audition will be required at the the time of the interview.