These are events that are happening in the next few weeks in the Diocese and the dates of some events further out. If you are part of a committee or commission of the Diocese and are having an event or meeting that you want people to know about, please submit your event for posting on this page.
October 10, 15, 17
Convention Preseason Meetings
Convention Preseasons will take place at the following dates/locations:
- Tuesday, October 10 at 7 pm at St. James’, Batavia
- Sunday, October 15 at 2 pm at Grace Church, Randolph
- Tuesday, October 17 at 7 pm at the Diocesan Ministry Center
Preseasons provide an opportunity to review materials for the upcoming Diocesan Convention, meet candidates running for various positions, and learn about the topics that Convention will be discussing. All clergy, delegates, and alternates are encouraged to attend.
Journeys Fall Weekend
The next Journey’s weekend for our middle school aged youth (grades 6-8) will be Friday November 17 to Saturday November 18 at the Diocesan Ministry Center. Journey’s is a program that allows the youth to explore different ways of finding how God may be found in their lives. The underlying premise of the program is that we are all on a spiritual journey and that in all journeys there are choices, bumps, smooth passages, dead ends, and unexpected surprises.
We are also looking for High School aged youth or College aged youth to volunteer to help with the weekend. To qualify you must have be up to date on Safe Church, which can be done online prior to the weekend.
Safe Church Training
Safe Church consists of two courses: Child Sexual Abuse Prevention and Adult Sexual Harassment & Exploitation Prevention. Volunteers such as Sunday School teachers, youth leaders, and youth camp staff are required to take “A Safe Place for Children.” All clergy and employees of the diocese and its congregations are required to take both courses.
The courses are offered at least twice yearly, usually in the late spring and in the early fall. The next class is scheduled for:
- Saturday, December 9, 9 am. to 4 p.m. at Calvary Episcopal Church, 20 Milton St., Williamsville. Child Sexual Abuse Prevention will run from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 Noon and Adult Sexual Harassment & Exploitation Prevention will run from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Sign up now!
Save these Dates!
Look for more information to come about the following events:
- October 27-28 – Diocesan Convention
- November 11-12 – Northwestern PA Convention in Erie
- December 9 – Sr. High Event @ Build a Machine in Buffalo
- January 13 – Clergy Day @ Diocesan Ministry Center
- January 14 – Feast of Lights service @ St. Luke’s, Jamestown
- January 20 – Explorer’s Day @ Diocesan Ministry Center
- January 21 – Discover Sundays! @ Diocesan Ministry Center