These are events that are happening in the next few weeks in the Diocese and the dates of some events further out. If you are part of a committee or commission of the Diocese and are having an event or meeting that you want people to know about, please submit your event for posting on this page.
Feast of Lights
St. Luke’s, Jamestown
The service is led completely by the youth participants; roles will be assigned during practice. Participants will be able to choose what parts they would like to do. We will need readers, candle snuffers, and various other parts.
Youth should arrive by 2:00 p.m. for role assigning and practice.
All are invited for the service at 4:00 p.m.
Come as an individual or a church group. It is helpful if you can bring an acolyte robe from your parish. Email firstname.lastname@example.org so we know you are coming or if you have any questions.
Family Winter Fun Day
Como Lake Park, Lancaster
The First Thirty Ministries are sponsoring a Family Winter Fun Day on Sunday, January 20, from 12:00 noon to 5:00 p.m., at Como Lake Park (Lancaster Place lodge) in Lancaster.
All are invited to spend a nice Sunday afternoon with other members from the Diocese. There is sledding and ice skating (weather permitting) outside, and food, games (feel free to bring one with you) and hot drinks inside Lancaster Place lodge.
Two different types of soup and hot beverages will be provided. Email email@example.com with questions. RSVP is not necessary, but appreciated.
Save these Dates!
Look for more information to come about the following events:
- January 5 – Young Adult Gathering at St. Patrick’s, Cheektowaga (High school grads to age 30)
- January 6 – Feast of Lights at St. Luke’s, Jamestown
- January 20 – Family Winter Fun Day at Como Lake Park
- May 10-11 – Senior High Overnight
- May 17-18 – Journeys (Junior High)
- June 8 – Star Wars Night at the Buffalo Bisons
- June 29 – Young Adult Gathering (High school grads to age 30)
- August 11-14 – Sleep Away Camp
- September 7 – Episcopal Day at Darien Lake