These are events that are happening in the next few weeks in the Diocese and the dates of some events further out. If you are part of a committee or commission of the Diocese and are having an event or meeting that you want people to know about, please submit your event for posting on this page.
Safe Church Training
St. Paul’s Cathedral Buffalo
It is the charge of every Christian to respect the dignity of every human being, to that end we offer Safe Church Training.
Safe Church Training protects not only volunteers and employees, but also those under their charge. By raising the awareness of leaders, everyone is safer.
Safe Church consists of two courses: Child Sexual Abuse Prevention and Adult Sexual Harassment & Exploitation Prevention. Volunteers such as Sunday School teachers, youth leaders, and youth camp staff are required to take “A Safe Place for Children.” All clergy and employees of the diocese and its congregations are required to take both courses.
The courses are offered at least twice yearly, usually in the late spring and in the early fall. The next class is scheduled for:
- Saturday, September 8, 9 a.m. to 4 p.m. at St. Paul’s Cathedral, 4 Cathedral Park, Buffalo. Child Sexual Abuse Prevention will run from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 Noon and Adult Sexual Harassment & Exploitation Prevention will run from 1:00 p.m. to 4:00 p.m. Register now!!
Episcopal Day at Darien Lake
Darien Lake Theme Park Resort
The First Thirty Ministries is hosting Episcopal Day at Darien Lake on Saturday September 8th. The park is open from 11 am to 7 pm. Come spend the day in fellowship with people from around our diocese riding rides and sharing a meal. The Bishop is always looking for Episcopalians to go on rides with, especially the bumper cars. Dinner will be served between 3 and 5. The cost is $25 for both admission and dinner, and $10 for those that have a season pass and just need dinner.
Save these Dates!
Look for more information to come about the following events:
- October 9 – Preconvention Meeting (St. James’, Batavia – 7 p.m.)
- October 10 – Preconvention Meeting (Diocesan Ministry Center – 7 p.m.)
- October 14 – Preconvention Meeting (St. Luke’s, Jamestown – 3 p.m.)
- October 26-27 – Diocesan Convention at Niagara Falls Convention Center