Think about how the Bishop can be a part of the life of your church. He can:
- Meet with confirmands prior to the service
- Meet with vestry and wardens following the service
- Teach an adult education class on any of the following topics
- The first 50 years of the Church
- How the Episcopal Church works
- How the Episcopal Church came to be
- What does a Bishop do all day?
- Spend time with a children’s or youth Sunday School Class
The Bishop loves to hear about the history of church buildings, windows and organs, have someone share something special with him.
If you have other ideas please feel free to ask – please confirm any events with Vanessa Butler (firstname.lastname@example.org) before you publicize any events.
Use the Bishop’s visit as an opportunity to publicize your congregation. Write an article about the Bishop’s visit for your local newspaper and send it to them 10 days before the visit. Here is a draft of an article you can adapt.
Bishop Rowe’s Upcoming Visitation Schedule
Please check with the Bishop’s Office, at 716-881-0660 x11 if you believe there is a discrepancy in any date listed below, as unforeseen circumstances may result in changes to this visitation schedule.
April 18, 2019 – St. Paul’s Cathedral, Buffalo
April 19, 2019 – St. Paul’s Cathedral, Buffalo
May 5, 2019 – St. Matthias’, East Aurora
May 19, 2019 – St. Luke’s, Jamestown
June 2, 2019 – St. Patrick’s, Cheektowaga
June 2, 2019 – St. Mark’s, North Tonawanda