Congregations in Western New York employ administrative help, organists and choir directors, custodial & maintenance help and occasionally child care, youth ministers and other types of help. As positions become available, they are listed here.
If your congregation is looking for help, e-mail Elisabeth Brauza-Hughes at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add your listing to this page.
Buffalo – Director of Music (Church of the Good Shepherd)
We are seeking a Director of Music at the Episcopal Church of the Good Shepherd – Buffalo, 96 Jewett Parkway, 14214. Part time – One Sunday service at 10:30 am with additional services as scheduled and agreed upon. One choir rehearsal per week during the school year, September through mid-June with occasional time off. Day and time of rehearsals to be mutually agreed upon with the Choir and the Director. Provision for extra music for Christmas, Lent and Easter and other festivals of the Church year.
Please respond to Carol Burns at email@example.com by June 30, 2017.
Buffalo – Temporary Sexton (St. Paul’s Cathedral)
25 Hours / Week
Tuesday-Thursday: 3 hours per day
Friday & Saturday: 8 hours per day
The temporary part-time sexton at St. Paul’s Cathedral will work with the full time sexton to keep the St. Paul’s Cathedral campus clean and orderly. “Campus” refers to the Cathedral building and St. Paul’s Cathedral Flickinger Ministry Center. Responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Keep all entrances, areas around the buildings and yard clear of debris/litter.
- Rotate Vacuuming/Sweeping/Mopping/Dusting (at least once a week & more if needed) in the Godly Play Room, Nursery, Holy Spirit Chapel, Cathedral worship space and Flickinger Ministry Center.
- Clean all bathroom and kitchen areas daily and replenish supplies as needed.
- Make sure all trash is emptied and recycled in appropriate manner.
Education and experience -High School diploma or GED, with one to three years related experience or training.
- The ability to read, communicate, comprehend and carry out instructions.
- The candidate must be a self-starter, capable of taking initiative while at the same time being responsible and accountable to other staff members with whom he or she will be working.