Congregations in Western New York employ administrative help, organists and choir directors, custodial & maintenance help and occasionally child care, youth ministers and other types of help. As positions become available, they are listed here.
If your congregation is looking for help, e-mail Elisabeth Brauza-Hughes at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add your listing to this page.
Alden – Music Director (St. Aidan’s)
St. Aidan’s Episcopal Church, Alden, seeks a Music Director for their 9:30am Sunday Service starting in September.
Please call Margaret at 716-937-9609 or Karen at 716-937-6922.
Buffalo – Parish Administrator (St. John’s-Grace)
Position Open: Parish Administrator (Part Time)
Position Summary: The purpose of the Parish Coordinator is to assist the Rector (Priest-in-Charge or Interim Rector), Wardens, Vestry Members, Treasurer, Sextons and Parishioners in carrying out the mission of the parish. General planning and organization of the church office is required. Attending meetings as required. A cheerful, professional and positive attitude is imperative. Confidentiality is an absolute necessity.
Compensation, Hours of Employment and Benefits: Services at Parish Administrator are paid for at a rate of $15.00 per hour x 20 hours a week. Pay is distributed biweekly. The position requires working 4 hours per day, 5 days a week, generally 10am to 2pm Monday through Friday. At times, additional time will be required to accomplish job requirements. A weekly record of the number of hours worked will be given to the Church Treasurer. Health benefits and participation in the Diocesan Pension Plan, two weeks of paid vacation.
Reports and Responsible To: Senior Warden
Principle Duties and Responsibilities:
Office Management: Coordinate, organize and update Parish Records; Assist the Treasurer with bookkeeping duties; Prepare, type and secure parish publications including weekly worship bulletins, special mailings and other miscellaneous correspondence; Monitor incoming and inter-office communications (including telephone calls, voice mail, email and memos); Be responsible for ordering and purchase or all necessary supplies for the office and building and grounds; Submit reports or suggestions relative to the budget for office supplies.
Building: Monitor and coordinate use of buildings and rooms, including billings for use; Communication with potential persons who may have an interest in building rentals and others already using the building; Give tours of the building as appropriate to potential renters. Answer the door and coordinate and accept deliveries.
- 3 to 5 years of related experience preferred
- Strong commitment to relationship building and customer service
- Familiarity with the Episcopal Church as an institution (or a willingness to learn more)
- Demonstrated strong computer skills and a high level of proficiency in office/project software
- Strong skills and comfort with social media and websites
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; proofreading skills essential
- Ability to manage a variety of responsibilities simultaneously while being extremely well-organized and detail oriented
Start Date: Immediately
To Apply: Send a cover letter and resume, and a list of two references to Tom Lochner at email@example.com or mail to St. John’s-Grace Church, 51 Colonial Circle, Buffalo, NY 14222 Attn: Parish Coordinator Search.
Buffalo – Cathedral Staff Accountant (St. Paul’s Cathedral)
St. Paul’s Episcopal Cathedral in Buffalo, NY is seeking to hire a full-time staff accountant. The successful candidate will have the ability to work independently, demonstrate flexibility, and have the skills and personality required for achievement in a dynamic office environment. The staff accountant must minimally possess the following skills and experience to:
- Manage Accounts Receivables / Accounts Payable
- Generate Monthly Financial Reports with ability to comprehend and explain reports
- Produce other Financial Reports as Requested
- Process and Post Member Pledge Donations
- Generate and Mail Quarterly Pledge Statements to Members
- Payroll Processing & Staff Attendance
- Provide Information for an Annual Audit of Finances
Additional Competences Expected
- Monitoring Staff Benefits & Pension Contributions
- Familiarity with for-profit Limited Liability Corporations
- Understanding of Investment Portfolios
- Above average Written & Verbal Communications Skills
- Providing other Office Administrative Support as Requested
- Assisting with Forecasting and Development of the Annual Operating Budget
Software Proficiency Needed
- ACS People & Financial Suite (or other comparable data management programs)
- PayChex (or other comparable payroll programs)
Benefits: Paid Holidays and Vacation, Health & Dental Insurance, Pension Contributions
Normal Work Hours:
- Monday – Friday 9:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- One Monthly Evening Meeting and others As Necessary
Send Resume and References to: Teresa Carter at firstname.lastname@example.org