All funds and property of the Diocese held for investment are entrusted to the Trustees. The trustees meet monthly on the third Wednesday (excluding July & August) and report annually to the Diocesan Convention on the funds committed to their care.
The Trustees hold title to the real property of the Diocese and its missions, as well as funds that are available for loan to congregations and agencies of the church.
They also sponsor the Western New York Episcopal Diocesan Investment Trust, a family of mutual funds available to congregations and agencies of the church for investment purposes. Four funds are currently provided:
- A money market fund
- A bond fund
- A balance fund
- An equity fund
Quarterly statements and an annual report are mailed to all participants. For more information about the Western New York Episcopal Diocesan Investment Trust, contact Richard Marshall at 716-841-2885.
In addition, the Trustees manage a fund that benefits of the Anglican Diocese of Belize.
The Certificate of Incorporation of the Diocese (1922) and the Canons provide for the diocesan Trustees, which consist of the Bishop and two members of the clergy and four lay persons elected by the Annual Convention. Two trustees are elected each year to serve for a term of three years.
Current Voting Members
- Ms. Karen Gengo – St. Patrick’s, Cheektowaga
- The Rev. Jerre W. Feagin – Bishop’s Assistant for Congregational Support
- The Rev. Matthew Lincoln – Trinity, Buffalo
- The Hon. Rose Sconiers – St. Philip’s, Buffalo
- Mr. Robert Matson – Trinty, Hamburg
- Mr. William Pictor – St. Matthias’, East Aurora
- The Rt. Rev. R. William Franklin, Bishop
- Ms. Cheryl Fisher, Esq., Chancellor
- Mr. Howard Gondree, Secretary
Documents & Forms
Policies on Parochial Endowment and Investment Practices
Donor Fund Agreement
Guidelines for Operation of Donor Funds
Gift Acceptance Policy
Gift Disposition Policy
Designated Gift Policy
Endowment Fund Policy
Endowment/Investment Committee Bylaws