The Standing Committee acts as a council of advice to the Bishop. It also acts as the ecclesiastical authority of the Church in the absence of the bishop.
The Standing committee is required to consent to:
- The sale of any property owned by any congregation or the Diocese itself.
- Any congregation incurring debt
- The election & consecration of Bishops in other Dioceses
- Candidacy for ordination and ordination to the diaconate or priesthood of people in the Diocese of Western New York.
The Standing Committee consists of eight members four clerics and four lay persons. Each annual Diocesan Convention elects one cleric and one lay person to serve four year terms.
- Mr. Eric Boron (2021)
- The Rev. Ellen Brauza (2019)
- The Very Rev. Thomas Broad (2020)
- The Rev. Pete Dempesy-Sims (2018)
- The Rev. Luke Fodor (2021)
- Ms. Beverly Fortune (2019)
- Mr. Edward Hill (2020)
- Mr. James Isaac, President (2018)
- Clerk: Ms. Lorraine Hapeman