Diocesan Council exercises all of the powers of the Diocesan Convention between annual Conventions. Meetings occur monthly, September through June, on the third Thursday of the month, September through June at 6:00 p.m. at the diocesan office. Council consists of:
- The bishop
- 3 clergy representatives elected by Diocesan Convention
- 6 lay representatives elected by Diocesan Convention
- 3 persons appointed by the Bishop (including 1 youth representative)
Anyone who would like to bring a matter to Diocesan Council should contact Canon Cathy Dempesy-Sims (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Mr. Wayne A. Blassingame
- The Rev. Deacon Patrick Bradley
- Ms. Elisabeth Brauza-Hughes
- Mr. Bruce Davidson
- The Rev. Canon Dr. Isaac Ihiasota
- Ms. Cheri Maytum-Krull
- The Very Rev. Colleen O’Connor
- Mr. Charles Ohl, Jr.
- Mr. Carl Otis
- Ms. Ruth Palmer
- Ms. Wendy Palmer
- The Very Rev. Gloria Payne-Carter
- Bishop R. William Franklin
- Mr. Howard Gondree (Financial Consultant)
- Ms. Maria Manocchio (Financial Assistant)
- Mr. Robert Matson (Treasurer)
Minutes of Council Meetings
Minutes of Diocesan Council meetings are posted once they have been approved by the Council, on a 12 month rolling basis. Older minutes may be obtained from the Diocesan Office.