The 180th Convention of the Diocese of Western New York will take place October 27-28, 2017 at the Buffalo-Niagara Marriott in Amherst, NY.
2017 Delegation to NWPA – Volunteer here to take part in the delegation to visit the 2017 Diocesan Convention of Northwestern Pennsylvania in November 2017.
* NEW * Register Delegates Online!!
* NEW * Online Hotel Reservations – Buffalo-Niagara Marriott
The Marriott is offering a group rate of $109/night for rooms booked using the above link. Rooms must be booked by October 5 to receive this rate.
* After downloading any form, please issue the save command to a location on your computer before you begin to enter your data. After entering your data, issue the save command again and then email or print & mail to the diocesan office.
In 2017 we are electing the following:
Diocesan Council – 2 lay people and 1 clergy person for three year terms; 1 lay person for a two year term; 1 clergy person for a one year term.
The Diocesan Council oversees the Diocesan budget and programing between Diocesan Convention and helps with events like the annual vestry and warden day.
Standing Committee – 1 lay person and 1 clergy person for four year terms.
The Standing Committee is the Bishop’s council of advice and grants consents for ordinations, consecrations of bishops and for congregations to take out loans on their property.
Diocesan Trustees – 2 lay people for three year terms; 1 clergy person for two year term.
The Diocesan Trustees oversee the funds held in trust for the Diocese.
General Convention Alternates – 3 lay people; 2 clergy persons.
The 179th Convention elected deputies and some alternates to the 2018 General Convention, but there are still vacancies for additional alternates. Alternates serve if one or more deputies are unable to.
To nominate yourself or someone else, please use the following form:
2017 Nominations Form
2017 Preseason Information
Convention Preseasons will take place at the following dates/locations:
- Tuesday, October 10 at 7 pm at St. James’, Batavia
- Sunday, October 15 at 2 pm at Grace Church, Randolph
- Tuesday, October 17 at 7 pm at the Diocesan Ministry Center
2017 Convention Location
The 2017 Convention will take place at the Buffalo-Niagara Marriott (1340 Millersport Highway, Amherst, NY).